PS You can change currency to see the price in your country at the top of the screen, just below the search box
2KO Africa proudly offers the CompTIA A+ PC technician course. These courses are also available as instructor led courses in Cape Town.
PC Technician - A+
In order to receive the CompTIA A+ certification, you must pass two exams.
CompTIA A+ 220-801 covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
CompTIA A+ 220-802 covers the skills required to install and configure PC operating systems, as well as configuring common features (e.g. network connectivity and email) for mobile operating systems Android and Apple iOS.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who would like to be a PC technician and work with upgrading and repairing PC’s
- Students who like to work with PC hardware and to extract the best performance from computer systems
- Students wishing to get a CompTia International certification
Comptia A+ 220-801
- Configure and apply BIOS settings
- Differentiate between motherboard components, their purposes and properties
- Compare and contrast RAM types and features
- Install and configure expansion cards
- Install and configure storage devices and use appropriate media
- Differentiate among various CPU types and features and select the appropriate cooling method
- Compare and contrast various connection interfaces and explain their purpose
- Install an appropriate power supply based on a given scenario
- Evaluate and select appropriate components for a custom configuration
- Given a scenario, evaluate types and features of display devices>
- Identify connector types and associated cables Install and configure various peripheral devices
- Install and configure laptop hardware and components
- Compare and contrast the components within the display of a laptop
- Compare and contrast laptop features
- Explain the differences between the various printer
- types and summarize the associated imaging process
- Given a scenario, install, and configure printer
- Given a scenario, perform printer maintenance
- Identify types of network cables and connectors
- Categorize characteristics of connectors and cabling
- Explain properties and characteristics of TCP/IP
- Explain common TCP and UDP ports, protocols, and their purpose
- Compare and contrast wireless networking standards and encryption types
- Install, configure, and deploy a SOHO wireless/wired router using appropriate settings
- Compare and contrast Internet connection types and features
- Identify various types of networks
- Compare and contrast network devices, their functions, and features
- Given a scenario, use appropriate networking tools
- Given a scenario, use appropriate safety procedures
- Explain environmental impacts and the purpose of environmental controls
- Given a scenario, demonstrate proper communication and professionalism
- Explain the fundamentals of dealing with prohibited content/activity
Comptia A+ 220-802
- Compare and contrast the features and requirements of various Microsoft Operating Systems
- Given a scenario, install, and configure the operating system using the most appropriate method
- Given a scenario, use appropriate command line tools
- Given a scenario, use appropriate operating system features and tools
- Given a scenario, use Control Panel utilities (the items are organized by “classic view/large icons” in Windows)
- Setup and configure Windows networking on a client/desktop
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures using appropriate tools
- Explain the differences among basic OS security settings
- Explain the basics of client-side virtualization
- Explain the basic features of mobile operating systems
- Establish basic network connectivity and configure email
- Compare and contrast methods for securing mobile devices
- Compare and contrast hardware differences in regards
- To tablets and laptops
- Given a scenario, explain the troubleshooting theory
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common problems related to motherboards, RAM, CPU and power with appropriate tools
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot hard drives and RAID arrays with appropriate tools
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common video and display issues
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot wired and wireless networks with appropriate tools
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot operating system problems with appropriate tools
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common security issues with appropriate tools and best practices
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot, and repair common laptop issues while adhering to the appropriate procedures.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot printers with appropriate Tools
- Apply and use common prevention methods
- Compare and contrast common security threats Implement security best practices to secure a workstation
- Given a scenario, use the appropriate data destruction/disposal method
- Given a scenario, secure a SOHO wireless network
Course Duration: 2 weeks
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train for the course?
We train the course in:
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Kampala, Uganda
- Gaborone, Botswana
- Windhoek, Namibia
- Lusaka, Zambia
- Lilongwe, Malawi
- Luanda, Angola
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course text book which you can take away with you to keep after the course.
How long will it take me to get certified?
We recommend that students take at least one to two weeks for exam preparation for every module they do. It is unusual for students to be able to take the exam in the same week they do the course.
Does the price include the official exam?
No, the exam is not included in the price. Exam prices vary from centre to centre.
All 2KO Africa training centres are test centres as well. The exam is a multiple test, on computer at an authorized testy centre. The results are made known immediately. If you fail the test, you must book it again at a future date and will pay again.