70-247: Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud
PS You can change currency to see the price in your country at the top of the screen,just below the search box
2KO Africa's new Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud which describes private cloud configuration and deployment with Microsoft System Center 2012.
Some of the skills you will learn in this class are:
- Produce a high-level design that accounts for requirements for the private cloud environment.
- Configure and deploy the application fabric.
- Configure a PXE server, an update server, and a software update baseline
- Configure Microsoft Server Application Virtualization (App-V) so that it can be used to sequence and deploy an application virtually.
- Build the core components necessary for delivering services on the fabric.
- Allocate resources to the private cloud and grant access to the private cloud.
- Understand how to monitor the private cloud using Operations Manager.
- Understand the tools necessary to extend and customize Operations Manager for a private cloud environment.
- Set up, configure, and integrate the core components of Service Manager into the private cloud fabric.
- Configure a service catalog, and then publish it to the Self-Service Portal.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to deploy and configure DPM in a private cloud.
- Deploy and configure Microsoft System Center 2012 - Orchestrator in a private cloud, and then integrate it with other System Center 2012 components.
Module 1: Planning for the Private Cloud
- Understanding the Private Cloud
- Requirements for Deploying a Private Cloud
- Designing the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Overview of System Center 2012 Components
- Deploying Hyper-V Clustering with VMM
Module 2: Configuring and Deploying the Private Cloud with System Center 2012 -Virtual Machine Manager
- Overview of VMM Architecture and Components
- Installing and Upgrading VMM
- Configuring VMM Security and Roles
- Understanding Host Groups
Module 3: Extending and Maintaining the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Overview of the PXE and Update Server Roles
- Deploying Bare-Metal Hyper-V Host Servers
- Configuring the Update Server Role
- Creating and Using an Update Baseline
Module 4: Configuring Application Delivery
- Dynamic Application Deployment Overview
- Web Deployment Packages
- Server Application Virtualization Overview
- Configuring Server App-V Components
- Sequencing and Deploying Virtual Applications
Module 5: Creating the Private Cloud Building Blocks
- Configuring Guest Operating System Profiles
- Configuring Hardware Profiles
- Configuring SQL Server Using SQL Server Profiles
- Configuring Application Profiles
- Configuring Virtual Machine Templates
- Configuring the Self-Service User Role
Module 6: Deploying and Accessing a Private Cloud
- Understanding Private Cloud Computing
- Installing and Configuring App Controller
- Creating and Managing Services and Service Templates
Module 7: Monitoring the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Operations Manager Architecture and Security
- Upgrading Operations Manager 2007 R2
- Configuring Notifications
- Configuring Management Packs
- Configuring Integration with System Center 2012
Module 8: Extending and Customizing Monitoring of the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Configuring the SharePoint Server Portal
- Monitoring Templates
- Distributed Application Monitoring
Module 9: Implementing Service Management for the Private Cloud
- Service Manager Architecture Overview
- Upgrading to System Center 2012 - Service Manager
- Understanding Service Manager Work Items
- Configuring Service Manager Connectors
- Configuring Service Manager Notifications
Module 10: Protecting the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Planning DPM Deployment
- DPM Architecture and Components
- Upgrading DPM
- Configuring DPM for the Private Cloud
- Configuring Application Protection for the Private Cloud
- Restoring Applications to the Private Cloud
Module 11: Automating and Standardizing the Private Cloud
- Orchestrator Architecture and Components Overview
- Deploying and Configuring Core Components
- Managing Runbooks
- Configuring Integration Packs
Module 12: Configuring the Cloud Services Process Pack
- Implementing the Cloud Services Process Pack
- Service Level Management