Building Websites With Photoshop CC
PS YOU CAN CHANGE CURRENCY TO SEE THE PRICE IN YOUR COUNTRY AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN, JUST BELOW THE SEARCH BOX
PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
You'll learn how to best organize the Photoshop interface to streamline your workspace for web design, eliminating the clutter and making creating web pages fast and easy. Explore the various grid systems that can be used as templates to build professional looking web pages. Next, it's on to wireframing and UI design, where you'll learn how to create a mockup that can be sent to clients for approval or simply kept for personal reference. You'll also discover how to build upon a wireframe to design a beautiful, and functional web page. Once you're satisfied with your design, this course will show you how to extract the HTML and CSS that will bring your design to life, and how to customize the code to suit your needs. So if you're interested in web design for fun or profit, this course will set you up with everything you will need.
2KO International runs computer training classes all across Africa and is also a leading international supplier of online computer courses for certification and education from the comfort of home or work.
Module 1: welcome to building websites with Dreamweaver CS6!
- Welcome to Dreamweaver CS6
- A Look At What We'll Build
Module 2: let's get started with Dreamweaver!
- A Look at the Welcome Screen
- Creating New Documents
- Dreamweaver's Different Views
- Touring the Dreamweaver Interface
- Customizing the Interface
- Exploring Dreamweaver Workspaces
- Creating A Custom Workspace
- Using the Tag Selector
Module 3: Working with websites and browsers!
- Defining a New Site
- Getting Organized in the Files Panel
- Saving Files To Your Local Site
- Understanding Index Files
- Previewing Your Work in A Web Browser
Module 4: Starting with nothing: Building a web layout from scratch!
- Getting the Layout Started, Part 1
- Getting the Layout Started, Part 2
- Understanding How the Layout Works
- Inserting the Main Menu
- Creating the Main Content Area
- Hand Coding Layout Containers
- A More Economical Approach To Layout
- Using Float And Clear
- Previewing the Layout And Centering
- Nesting Layout Objects
- Spacing Apart the Layout
- Final Touches
Module 5: Text, CSS, menus and more!
- Inserting Text Into the Layout
- Adjusting the Layout For Text, Part 1
- Adjusting the Layout For Text, Part 2
- Inserting Structural Headings
- Redefining HTML's Top-Level Heading with CSS
- Touring the CSS Rule Definition Dialog Box
- Redefining Headings and Paragraphs
- Working More Efficiently with CSS
- Creating A CSS Class Rule
- Alternative Ways of Working with Class Rules
- Inserting and Formatting Lists
- Using A List to Build A Menu, Part 1
- Using A List to Build A Menu, Part 2
Module 6: and now, inserting graphics!
- Inserting an Image
- Resizing Images with Dreamweaver and Photoshop
- Controlling Graphics with CSS
- Setting a Graphical Background
- Inserting the FeatureBox Images
- Setting Up the FeatureBox Titles
- Inserting the Layout's Logo from Illustrator
Module 7: Going further with CSS: Using external style sheets!
- Understanding Style Sheet Types
- Organizing Your Style Sheet
- Moving Styles to An External Style Sheet
- Working with an External Style Sheet
- Creating New Rules Externally
Module 8: Site rollout: from a single page to a multi-page site!
- Getting Ready for Site Rollout
- Creating Dummy Site Pages
- Setting Up the Internal Hyperlink Structure
- Creating The Sites Pages
- Previewing And Testing The Site
- A Final Thought on Site Rollout
Module 9: Inserting additional page elements!
- Adjusting the Site's Hyperlink Formatting
- Inserting A Simple Slideshow
- Inserting and Formatting Tables
- Inserting A Google Map
- Formatting A Customer Testimonial Page
- Setting Up A Contact Us Page
- Finalizing the Site
Module 10: Going live: uploading the completed site!
- Setting the Remote Site Info
- Uploading the Local Site to the Remote Server
- Testing the Live Site
- Making Edits and Updating the Live Site
- Testing And Debugging For Other Browsers
Module 11: Now go forth and create!
- Where To Go From Here